It is very important that parents call the school the morning the student is kept home from school. It is the parent's responsibility to clear absences. Every day a student is not in school, the school loses money that would support Hooker Oak's classrooms. Any absence that is not cleared in 3 days will be marked unexcused.
The 24 hour attendance reporting line is 891-3119 x 101. An example of an unexcused absence would be a family vacation.
School personnel will consider the circumstances and reasons for each student absence and determine whether the absence is excused or unexcused. Given parent authorization, school personnel will excuse a student absence from school for the following reasons:
- To receive medical, dental, optometrical or chiropractic services
- Exclusion from school for health and safety (not more than 5 days)
- Exclusion from school for head lice/nits ( 2 days)
- Attendance at funeral services for a member of immediate family
- Observance of a religious holiday/ceremony
- Quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer